Bag-On-Valve Aerosol Technology
Bag-on-valve (BOV) aerosol technology is a superior spray dispensing system, that improves performance and products in a wide range of industries, including medical, pharmaceutical, occupational safety, personal care, cosmetic, and food. BOV offers multiple benefits over traditional aerosol spray technology (and other alternative packaging) for manufacturers, consumers and the environment.
Safety and environmental benefits of BOV aerosols
- No need for harmful or flammable propellants
- Hygienic and sterilizable
- Used with eco-friendly air or nitrogen
- Less need for preservatives
- Completely recyclable
Consumer benefits of BOV aerosols
- Up to 100% product emptying (no product left in the can)
- Longer shelf life with little or no preservatives
- Even and controlled spraying pattern for optimal results
- No pumping motion needed
- Can be used at all angles even upside down
- Sterile products remain sterile
- Reduced spray noise
- No product chilling upon discharge
Production and distribution benefits of BOV aerosols
- The formulation does not have to be altered to accommodate propellant
- Longer shelf life for oxygen-sensitive products
- Efficient filling process
- Suitable for both liquid and viscous products
- Can be used with standard actuators and aerosol cans.
HOW IT WORKS
- The can has a Bag on Valve unit placed in it.
- Compressed air is then added to the can around the BOV unit.
- The BOV unit is crimped onto the can sealing the compressed air inside.
- The product is then injected through the valve of the BOV unit. As the product fills the bag the volume remaining in the can is reduced, further increasing the pressure of the compressed air sealed in the can.
- An actuator is installed to finish the package. When the actuator is pressed, the product is delivered at a consistent pressure and spray pattern.